We have over 70 years collective experience of UK forestry management. Membership benefits include support, training and guidance to meet certification requirements.
We specialise in certification, providing support and advice to ensure that our members meet certification requirements. We keep our members informed with e-NEWs letters, briefing notes, management and monitoring templates and policies.
We do not take on management responsibility for member’s forests.
We charge annual fixed fees and do not charge percentage commissions on timber sales.
UKFCG is the largest UK wide independent FSC Certification Group.
- Certification management advice
- Support with management records
- Health and safety guidance
- Updates on best practice / legislation
- Regular Group e-NEWS letter
- Sharing of wider UK forestry practices
- Helpful record keeping templates
- Updates on UKWAS / FSC & PEFC developments
- Usage of the FSC & PEFC trademarks
Summary of requirements
To meet FSC & PEFC certification requirements you must be able to comply with UKWAS and have documents and practices
- Compliance with legislation & codes of practice
- Written management plans
- Environmentally acceptable silvicultural standards
- Operational best practice
- Forest health & environmental protection
- Conservation & enhancement of biodiversity
- Good community relations & benefits to the rural economy
- Health & safety compliance & forest workforce training.